Black Hole Master
We are making Black Hole Master, a light-hearted remake of an old classic, except with a cosmic twist! The original game of Pong involved each player controlling a paddle which they would use to bounce a ball back to their opponent, in the hope they would miss. Each time the ball touched the opponent's side of the screen, the player would win a point. In this remake, each player now controls a black hole! The objective; to position their black hole on their side of the screen and utilise its gravitational potential to fling an approaching star back. Whoever lets a star slip past loses!
— Gravitational Wave Group, University of Birmingham.
- Unity engine
- On Windows/OSX/Linux
- use two game controllers and follow the instruction on screen
- press ESC to exit the 'endless' mode
- press M to mute or un-mute the game
- touch control for the black holes and the user interface
- a friend to play with (local two-player only)
- two game controllers (tested with Xbox 360 controllers)
- Windows XP SP2+
- Mac OS X 10.8+
- Ubuntu 12.04+
If you are curious about the history of this project, the original version of this game idea, Black Hole Pong, is still available for download.